I started watching this British period drama series Downtown Abbey some time ago and just fell in love with it. It is like many other historical drama anthologies but the perfect cast, cinematography, characterization, the royal ambience, life and times of people of the 1900s are all depicted so well. It is very slow paced but that feels completely in sync with how life would have been then. The series captures so many tragedies which happened then like the drowning of Titanic (1912), world war I (1914 - 18) , Spanish flu (1918 - 20) and many more historic events of prominence. The royal family members, their heritage, lineage and, the not so privileged/poor servant class are simultaneously shown and you can clearly understand the aristocracy...the rich becoming richer, poor remaining poor concept. You will also be amused to see so many cadres in the servant class of the estate. Lady's maid, house maid, Footman, butler, under butler and so on!😊
|Image source : here|
|Maggie Smith - here|
- https://moondustwriter.wordpress.com/ - She is writing posts on Ukranian Crisis - gives a glimpse of some actual stories!
- https://fictionpies.com/ - 100 word flash fiction and relating them with books she has read - It is just so unique!
- http://pagesfromjayashree.blogspot.com/ - An edible blog - for all food lovers, I am sure you would leave with one or two cravings from her posts.
- https://montysblahg.com/ - Illustrated versions of short stories and poems- Go figure out. You won't be disappointed.
- https://itsphblog.wordpress.com/ - Very unique new words to learn from here!