Sunday, June 5, 2022
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
|Getting Mehndi/Henna on hands a night before Eid is a beautiful ritual|
|Dum Ke sevayya with "chowba" as topping|
Monday, May 2, 2022
I actually got busy with work and Ramzan festival is around the corner, but seeing every one doing a A to Z reflections post, it perked me up to do one too. I have already done a Thank You post which is as good as reflections...which surprisingly received lot of love! While writing it I felt may be I am rambling a lot....but then some of those points seemed useful to many bloggers which made me super glad. "My long posts and wrist pain haven't gone waste"- I felt😌. A to Z woke me up from a deep non-blogging slumber. Its like I woke up startled from a nightmare and I started penning down whatever came to my mind freely and unapologetically. Some of the posts written by me - Vision - An open letter to every Indian , Bemused, Covidiots were all highlighting the current situations and challenges. Not all may find them good because we have varying opinions among the World/Country citizens, but I am glad I could pen down my unfiltered thoughts through A to Z. When I started I was quite doubtful, shy and scared as I am blogging after a long break but everyone's comments encouraged and motivated me to continue writing! I mostly wrote about covid life and my daughter diaries during A to Z.
Following list covers all my A to Z blog posts - now that I skim through them, I feel mystified that I could pull it through (ofcourse my friend and my mother contributed guest posts) ! 😇😇
This year was quite enriching because I have read a lot. When I finished challenge in past years (2013, 2014), we did it as a very small group and had no time to read from Master list. This time I had time to experience various writings, understand various walks of life, challenges they faced, their accomplishments, failures, poetry, fiction, reviews, technology, foods, travelogues and much more. Aaah! It was like I experienced a ocean of blogs - each wave carrying its own flavor , its own authenticity. I loved the following blogs for their honesty, passion, fun quotient, emotional values, research , presentation , detailed analysis and much more. It was like I walked in to a human library. To me interaction is the key. Whoever could interact seamlessly, I connected well with them!
Some blogs from my A to Z reading list:
Following are Top favs. They are quite interactive in their writing, be it on their own blogs or while sharing their views on others blogs👍💓!
- https://fictionpies.com/ (Flash fiction based on books she read . A strong story established in very less words)
wordpress.com/ (Became a fan of her spontaneity, her humor, her passion and the efforts she took to share others' blogs is commendable)
- www.hdhstory.net/storyblog ( MY MOST FAVORITE BLOG - UNIQUE letters written which highlight all real events both current and historical)
tossandturn.blogspot.com/ (Spontaneous posts , An interactive blog for readers)
- http://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/ (Day to day anecdotes. Quite a fun blog)
- https://kalpanawrites.com/ (Wonderful travelogues)
com/ (political satires. Something I read never before. Non-chalant writing)
- https://soniadogra.com/ (Beautiful and soulful poetry)
wordpress.com/ (Loved her fiction and style)
blogspot.com/ (Conversations of Alice and Wendy - which you should not miss)
blogspot.com/ (An interesting Starbucks Coffee story)
wordpress.com/ (A Sci-Fi account of the Ukraine war and tragic events. Must read)
- https://planetpailly.com/ (Quite a favorite blog. Gave me an idea to write my X post. A space blog which would make your imaginations soar)
Saturday, April 30, 2022
I am writing this letter just to preserve my feelings for you right at this moment. I am sure a mother's love cannot be explained in a manner which can be understood easily! Most of the times I know I am the bad cop at home and you don't like me teaching punctuality or discipline to you, you don't want me to make you sit to do homework, to force you to eat food, and to not allow to play 24*7...but in this letter I just am trying to say what you mean to me and how I feel. The day I felt a part of my soul reunited with me to make me feel life like is, 10-02-2017. When you screamed in the labour room at about 11:10 p.m. after an ordeal of a whole day ( the day started at 3 a.m. 😪)I was relieved! At that moment I was only happy that I was out of pain and and for some reason I was feeling I would have a boy, so when doctors declared that it's a baby girl, my enthusiasm dampened. Don't glare at me🤬. I know everyone who is reading this would frown! The only reason I wanted to have a baby boy is due to the fact that girls have to go through all this - what exactly I was going through... and that moment I really wanted a boy, but the second they placed the baby bundle in my hands, I broke-down. It all played in the back of mind, the struggle to have a child, the troubles I faced those 9 months and everything...As you quizzically looked at me and didn't cry at all...I fell in love with you. We did take many pics but missed that moment. I wish to have captured that inquisitive face filled with question marks. You didn't cry much. There definitely was a hint of anger and I felt may be you sensed that I wanted a boy😄.
|Taken 40 days after birth!|
As we shifted to a normal room, and you kept on cooing and making gurgling sounds …with sparkly eyes and a hint of smile...with zero interest in sleep...the nurses said just in a span of 1-2 days, "the baby is fun, has rapt attention, very observant, and feels like hyper active - we are telling this from our experience," they told. I laughed at their silliness but eventually I felt they were true! You filled such bright hues in my life with your talks, smiles, invented games, songs, dances, silly jokes, stories, paintings, drawings and many other shenanigans! I feel you are braver than me. I cried during your first vaccine shot but you didn't flinch. Seeing other kids crying I was scared but you cried quite nominally! I feel you are strong in all the sick or weak days....I remember some dreadful days and nights when you involved me with your giggles and jokes where as I was super scared ….praying you get well soon! You make friends easier than me. I am glad you are quite opposite in this aspect...yet I observed that you choose those who appeal you quite carefully! They say dance like no body is watching you and I learnt this actually from you!
Friday, April 29, 2022
On April 9th, my daughter Zaara had her graduation day! After virtually looking at each other in rectangular boxes for 2 years, it was finally the time to meet in real. The kids and parents were equally excited. I was curious to see and meet everyone in person (after all I attended all the classes). When I entered school, everyone (staff and kids) looked gorgeous in real, was my instant feeling!😀Zaara woke up for the first time early in morning and got ready with out Alexa reminding her ( yes at our home we keep many reminders in Alexa to make Zaara do her works...after 5 min for milk, after 10 min homework so on. She finds fun in it.. I find my patience dwindling with all waiting!!).
Anyhow today I wanna share the glimpses of the big milestone - the completion of preschool!
We were welcomed with a happy décor. Kids were in great spirits, perked up to meet their friends! I want to write on how they bonded even if the classes were virtual but maybe after the challenge! As soon as they met, they started playing. We felt glad to capture the "offline" moments!
The fun wall hangings in school are quite motivational and will make you smile!
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Dec 22, 2019
Xanadu Space Ship
"MISSION EARTH initiated. I repeat Mission Earth initiated!" was the loud announcement all over the space ship.
In the space ship, the commander in chief of the Xanadian force, Sir. Gamma Delton called for the daily stand up meeting.
"So Mr. Omega. What's the status? How are we with this mission?"
"So far so good sir. We would enter the Earth exactly in 3 months from now. They don't have the infantries or suitable weaponry to fight us back, so mostly they would surrender!"
"What are the chances to establish our territories at all the planned locations on Earth?"
|source : here|
"We have fair chances sir. This is the right time to occupy. They are fighting among themselves for many centuries now and in recent past, politicians are instilling more and more hatred in the earthlings!"
"Hope you have done good amount of research before you declare in such a final tone!"
"Yes sir! I heard that people are fighting over religion, the leaders fuelling the fight, many countries are in a retrogressive direction embracing fascism, aristocracy, initiating caste based, religion based segregation, baseless killings, imprisonment for having freedom of speech and much more!"
"But Earth is the best example for humanity! They survived world wars and calamities due to their human nature is what I heard!?"
"Indeed! But now with exponential rise in rage and hatred, they are vulnerable and are believing everything!"
"The plan is to first land in Delhi, India. There are CAA protests going on in the capital city, a weak moment which we can cash. It is easy to occupy."
"Can you brief me the plan!?"
"Very well. We would land in Delhi at PMO, would initiate a meeting and get our treaty signed. We will give them one week time to discuss and decide!"
"Didn't their intelligence bureau detect our visit?"
"They cannot exactly detect us till we reach earth's atmosphere...even then till we are in the vicinity, it's not possible to detect because of our powerful invisible shield and our intense anti radar system and when we are at least 1000 Km from the capital city of India, we would notify the PMO about our landing. If they sign the treaty which they mostly would, we would have an amicable discussion, make Delhi our Head Quarters, start implementing our rule and establish colonies. Further plans I can brief when we reach Delhi Sir"
"What if they are not ready to sign the treaty?"
"They can't possibly think of entering a war and then winning it - their ammunition would be over in a day. I don't think they would be that foolish. If they resist we will also react. We don't want any killings. To avoid loss of life, we would use our mind control machine, Electro Neuro-Con and hypnotize the public to obey the new rule and proceed with our same plan of colony establishment!"
"Fine! Hope we are prepared for any kind of surprises, attacks, or disasters!"
"Don't worry sir. We have well trained soldiers. We are ready for any kind of mishaps!"
Days turned to months …
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
WhatsApp - who doesn't know this name? And who doesn't use it. Except in countries, where it is banned (like China, North Korea, UAE), everywhere else people use WhatsApp profusely! What'sApp became akin to our morning rituals like brushing teeth, reading news, exercising etc. From milk vendor to millionaire every one is using it. It is not an exaggeration if I say my day starts and ends with WhatsApp. Throughout Covid and even now I am in touch with friends, family only and only through WhatsApp. One of my friends kept a WhatsApp status long back - I am not using WhatsApp, WhatsApp is using me🙂🙂 - at times it becomes true if we lose track of time! I want to list few pros and cons of WhatsApp in this post.
Pros of WhatsApp Usage
- WhatsApp connected me with friends all over the globe. It helped in rapid exchange of information and memories.
- In Covid, WhatsApp was very helpful to find and contact plasma donors, to know about hospital vacancies, food providers, COVID RTPCR testing centers and was a supportive platform to people in many possible ways.✌
- Making audio video calls was never so easy. There are other platforms and apps but WhatsApp is the easiest I feel. In Covid this was the only way to look at faces of your near and dear!💖
- WhatsApp gifs, stickers and memes are very funny and can instantly lift your mood!
|a super cute angry baby gif :)|
- I love my school group. I feel connected, rejuvenated and also feel like a child again when I am there! I like my daughter's school whatsapp group which is quite handy to know the updates, understand the day to day activities!
- WhatsApp groups are easy forums to have discussions, just talks, have some fun. They feel like virtual hangout addas.👬👭👫
- We created a whatsapp group just for 2022 A to Z challenge, and the group is a backbone to me whenever I feel like quitting the challenge. We pushed each other and finally have reached the last leg of the challenge. The group helped me with ideas and boosted me when I felt the heat of challenge. I am voice typing most of my posts of the last leg of challenge due to my ailments and the group is the only reason - I am able to continue the challenge. Our group members are:
- Deepa - https://fictionpies.com/
- Anuradha - https://momandideas.com/
- Aparna - https://prernanayak.blogspot.com/
- Afshan - http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/
- Renu Sethi - http://day-to-daystories.blogspot.com
- Jayashree - http://pagesfromjayashree.blogspot.com
- Ranjana - https://reflection-by-ranjana.blogspot.com/
- A couple of us had to walk out due to time constraints and hurdles. I sorely missed them in this madness! (Hema - https://mytakeoneverything9.wordpress.com/ and Nandana - http://cheerfultornado.blogspot.com/)
Cons of WhatsApp
- WhatsApp eats away my time! Specially when I have some important deadline to meet, I keep phone silent or away and uninstall the app at times (for digital detoxification). As of now, I have put phone in airplane mode to finish this post (I am voice typing on phone)😜
- Notifications can be distracting. I mostly mute notifications, specially of groups to save the time. I practiced to check only when I want to!🙆
- Just like any other platform, Whatsapp groups have variety of public. You can find Religion crazy folks, folks who continuously bombard you with their retail businesses and many other varieties. If I am added in new groups, I mostly stay inactive or walk out!😟
- Dissing gyaan gathered in WhatsApp University - a term coined for all the fake news that is spread via whatsapp.👿
- Some whatsapp statuses suck your energy and can instantly irritate you. Continuous negative or fake statuses, sexist statuses or spreading the mottos like AntiVaxxism or religious chauvinism are some categories! I instantly mute or delete them.😷
- Random video calls without giving any notice. This trend increased in Covid. What if I am checking mobile sitting on commode (OK I do that sometimes for peace, as that is the only me time during TOUGH days 😆) or what if I am in a compromising situation😨 I DREAD UNPLANNED VIDEO CALLS !
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
We all love our nation. I dearly love her. She is a melting pot of cultures, has an amazing amalgamation of rituals, tastes, festivals, music, attires, and much more! Today I write to you as a fellow Indian who has been subjected to various forms of secularism and nationalism in the past 7-8 years. Earlier nationalism just meant various linguistic, religious and, cultural backgrounds uniting as one nation . In recent years, the nationalism can be defined as a concept used by certain diplomats to fill their vote bank and fulfill their ulterior motives by uniting the nation on the plank of one religion. Whenever an actual issue erupts in the country your focus is diverted towards a freshly created religious strife! Anti social elements are trained and motivated, actors & celebrities are merely bought to speak the Vile tongue! As so many turn to puppets, I feel helpless. So many foods and so many states in my country...the novel tastes we experience in each place are so magical! We used to stick to our food habits while embracing the others' food choices with dignity! Now we lynch saying meat eating is against the culture, where as behind the scenes are the vultures who feed on your raw minds and control you!
When questioned about major concerns like economic crisis and the unemployment etc., a fresh issue/diversion is conjured out of thin air and you are under its spell. Historical events which happened centuries back are discussed now to push the current issues under carpet. People who are no longer alive are labelled as the root causes for some issues, the invaders who occupied the nation centuries ago seem to be the perpetrators for some. Ads are banned, names of places changed, syllabus in schools is truncated and many more! As you are blindfolded and lead with hatred, do you happen to see that you are not at all clear about what or whom you are fighting for? As we discuss where a temple or a mosque must be built, we are happily over looking the bigger issues the globe is facing on present day - pollution , pandemic, climate change and such! As you ignore the farmers issues as a fuss and don't even acknowledge them....as you try to shut up the raising voices (whether they are youth seeking jobs or students looking for better and affordable education, or the middle class which is burdened with evil tax regime) and then create ruckus over who wears what, who eats what and question about the language (Urdu script) written on the products, it does get tragically funny. Hindu Vs Muslim hatred is sowed in all possible ways in all possible places ➡️ when a sketchy bill is passed questioning the citizenship of a selected sect of people, when a delivery boy is denied as he is a Muslim... a renowned atta company (iD) is defamed by spreading rumors that it has cow bones and meat mixed - just because the CEO is Muslim dude....when meat is banned in some states just in the festival month of Ramadan citing it is sacrilegious...so on and so forth.
Our culture that comprises diversified population is staying in harmony since decades. When day by day events occur that pedal hatred, segregate a fellow Indian and you stay silent...should I take that silence as acceptance or indifference???
|source : here|
Monday, April 25, 2022
Heart does what the heart does. How many of us believe in this ? Well, whether you believe or not, your actions which involve your heart are always fulfilling.
But, in today’s world we are moving in a direction in which everything we do is becoming more and more machine like, monitored, controlled, patterned, and life itself is becoming a mechanical process.
Right from the time we wake up in morning till we fall asleep, we are not driven by the desires of heart but by the monotonicity of the day. In the humdrum of life we are ever forgetting what really our heart wants? We never ask that question!!
As soon as we open our eyes to a new and wonderful day, instead of appreciating and thanking our life, we mechanically scroll through our mobile screens, do our morning chores in anxiety- to which we are used to, we gobble down our breakfast and travel the traffic filled crowded roads to reach offices just in time. We work all day, return home exhausted, have dinner and go back to bed, lying on bed till our eyes are heavy after being glued to mobile screens and.... we finally fall asleep, only to follow the same schedule the next day, the day after and so on…
Then one day we realize that we have stressed ourselves too much and our health as well as mental peace is deteriorating, so in a state of panic we devise a plan which involves a gym membership, or physical exercises, diet plans, yoga and meditation classes and may be a quick vacation.
Now, when you go to gym, the trainer guides you to do so and so exercise counted to a specific number of sets so that your these/those muscles would be built. Eat these many calories and burn these many calories to keep your body the way you want to... he says! Yoga guru would say - Do mediation/yoga and you should feel such and such feelings. You start doing all this with diligence as a strict pupil!
And after few days, this all again becomes mechanical. We find ourselves going in circles not reaching anywhere and ever dissatisfied...
Saturday, April 23, 2022
Today I want to just write a Thank you note to all the fellow bloggers who are constantly visiting my blog and reading all my posts which are not quick or easy reads! Writing short and smart posts is a unique talent which I don't have. I have been always reprimanded by my teachers for my lengthy writing. Whenever I write a huge essay - my ma'am would be happy that I did so much research, nevertheless she used to advise to not strain myself during examinations👀. A2Z is no less than an exam 😆. Anyway without drifting away I want to convey thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting regularly, reading, encouraging me with your genuine comments! I am not taking names of all the blogs/bloggers but thanks to one and all. It is not easy to write, read others, and to respond to comments! Some have done it all. I never replied to comments. I intend to do so soon after the challenge. Due to time crunch I read the comments and I make sure that I visit all your blogs and it has been an invigorating experience! I know there is still last leg of the challenge but I am taking the advantage of letter T to express my thanks!👍💗
Takeaways from A to Z
I have done a to z challenge in the past in 2013 and 2014. However it was easy then as I was not a mother and also was more energetic 😛but now being mother of 5 YO, it is really challenging to take out time - still I managed to come so far, hence I am patting my back😀. I write and read when she is in day care or when she sleeps. I want to list some of my take-aways from the challenge.
- I realised the existence of so many poetic forms through many talented bloggers who inspired me to write my naive poems. Writing or reading poetry makes my heart happy!
- Understood how diligently most of you are working to reach the finishing point of challenge by hook or by crook, which encouraged me on low energy days.
- Those who are writing fiction, hats off to them and those who are writing Flash fictions - it is a talent of another level. Your posts kept me engaged!
- Some of us blogger friends formed a WhatsApp group to keep running the blog marathon. More on it on the W day :)
- I managed to finish reading a long pending book just for a to z.
- I have not been blogging properly from nearly 5 years so A to Z ended my writers block!
- I am knowing people from all the corners of the world. It is always exciting. I treasure so many elaborate comments which make me feel my post is completely read! I would love to stay connected even after a to z.
Tips for A to Z participants
I am not an expert but still from my experiences I want to share some tips I followed for a fruitful blogging month.
- If you are really inclined to finish a to z, at least schedule 7 - 8 posts ahead of the challenge in the month of March, suggested by a dear friend Deepa. You won't be exhausted. You can schedule a mix of easy and tough letters!
- Have a to do list ready. If you jot down the topics you would be dealing, it will be lot easier. My WhatsApp group helped me with it.
- There is a popular opinion that if the post is short, it would be read. However I believe if your content connects the readers it would anyway be read.
- If you are very eager to be read (I sure am), make an effort and read others too! I know it's not easy everyday but whenever possible it's good to explore new blogs and always good to payback your visitors!
- Some are here to expand businesses, to promote their products, ideas, share cuisines, and some have no special purpose...but mostly we all want to be read! It helps to build a network, gain specific readers who would like your blog. It's a tricky process. Needs more than a week to identify people who may wanna read you but I think you can find a pattern and form a fruitful network!
- Concentrate on your content, then on its refinement, and then maybe spend time to read others. Don't Rush!
- Spend atleast 30 min - 1 hour for blog hopping. If you have very tight schedule, the minimum you can do is to read who are reading you!
- It is ok to leave a trail - a link of your blog, but first make sure you at least read the post - get a gist of it and leave some relevant and a good comment (not just a "nice post" comment). Blog hopping doesn't mean blog racing. You can be the tortoise 🐢and walk slow rather than being the hare🐇that gets tired and rests!😀
- I made it a habit to leave my blogger link as many blogs are in Wordpress and a wordpress login is always asked😾. I learnt how to leave links properly from Crackerberries!
- For some it doesn't matter if they are read …that is perfectly ok. We all are primarily here to write and complete the challenge!
- Try not to miss out any letters. It will be too much pressure when you have to handle 2 to 3 letters at once. If you burn out, write something or anything just to close the day. Many of the bloggers have shared their daily anecdotes or just a list of pictures explaining the story behind, which are very honest and fun to read!
- Fix issues on your blog, check settings and everything so that people can easily comment. I had to leave many blogs because of their very tough commenting options!
- No one wants to waste time, so avoid the clutter and focus on your content at least for the blogging month - for easy readability!
- Don't strain a lot! I strained my hand so much 😔(I have carpel tunnel syndrome and cervical spondylosis) that I reduced my reading list and I am using Google mic to voice type this post. It is a real boon!
I want to close by saying thanks again for reading my posts with patience. Thank you all. Wish you a wonderful April.
I am participating in Blogging from A-Z challenge 2022 and this is my Day 20 - 'T' post.
Blogs you may wanna check out:
https://robztobor.blogspot.com/ (new discovery. A gem of a blog)
https://ladyinreadwrites.com/ (bful poetry)
www.lillian888.wordpress.com (honest and engaging topics)
https://artismoments.blogspot.com/ (again brilliant poetry)
Friday, April 22, 2022
S.P. Balasubrahmanyam aka SPB or Balu is a predominant play back singer in India, who had been singing since ages majorly in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi and Malayalam films. My heart refuses to refer to him in past tense. His death is one of the many shocking deaths during COVID to me. S.P. Balu's voice has that magic to please you, tease you and lift your spirits in no time, or just make you sad in a matter of seconds. He reigned the Tollywood for many decades and I remember listening to him even before I knew much about movies, music or songs! Not just singing , he also does dubbing, mimicry and has acted in many notable films. I realized he has great acting skills too - He acted as dad, as a supporting actor (guest appearance) and also as a main lead in some of the movies.
Among his many movies, some thing I recently watched after his demise - Mithunam stole my heart. I was in tears by the end of the movie both due to the movie premise and also the empty feeling of losing him. You should watch the movie to understand what I am saying. It is the story of an old couple - S.P. Balu and Lakshmi living in a remote village all alone trying to make the most of the last chapter of their lives, missing kids almost every day and dreading the occurrences of any mishaps! The love and bonding of husband and wife is worth watching. SP Balu's voice gave life to all Kamal Hassan's movies dubbed in Telugu. I still don't know how actual Kamal Hassan sounds. I have always heard him only in SPB's magnetic pitch! There is a movie Dasavatharam in which Kamal plays ten roles. I believe SPB has voiced all the ten voices using his mimicry skills. Watch the video below I stumbled on FB recently... He says how he managed the voices (it is in Telugu)! The video is blocked on blogs - You can watch at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_OZDVsB1g.
SPB is equally adored even in Bollywood. He gave voice to Salman Khan. Sang almost all his 90's songs and it used to perfectly suit Salman. No Indian can ever forget Maine Pyar Kia, Saajan or Hum aapke hain kaun - the block buster hits of 90s, in which SPB sang many beautiful songs. In some reality singing show a singer subtly mocked his Hindi pronunciation as there is a hint of southern accent while uttering few words. Whatever may be the accent, you cannot deny this multi talented legend. His voice can woo a woman, make a child smile, make you feel immensely lively! He has won many awards, rewards, broke records and wiki says he entered Guinness records for singing over 40,000 songs. I majorly heard him in Telugu and I play his songs in one time or other on every waking day! There are many hindi, telugu, and tamil songs which are my favorites but some song which I can remember at this moment in hindi is :
The combination of him and Ilayaraja or Maniratnam or A.R.Rahman or Yesudas is sure to create magic for the listeners/viewers! It is told that he contracted Covid during a live performance. I really hoped that he should not be effected badly. Heartbreaking is a less intense word to explain what I felt the moment I heard of his demise. My entire child hood, teen and young years are laced and packed in his tone. He has such a soothing pitch. His voice fits all the stars - language no bar. This is a song he sang explaining the corona situation - https://youtu.be/ovXDz9EP84c (a powerful song. You may play it if you understand Telugu!).
Thursday, April 21, 2022
|source : here|
The story line is good if you ignore one too many illogical occurrences and some loop holes. Ofcourse viewers/fans argue not to find logic as it is a hyper drama flick. The title RRR means - Rise, Roar, Revolt and some say it is Rage, Revenge, Rampage. The director lays strong foundation to what he intends to show - extreme action, drama, emotions, stunts, energetic dances, and everything laced with patriotism. The opening scene of Ram Charan and even NTR were shot quite eventfully showing Fire and Water as their core elements but some scenes even with good effects felt too funny, like NTR fighting a tiger or Ram Charan fighting a mob of 1000s of people, like he is some super hero. It would have been good if some logic was put in to it like why these two heroes possess so many capabilities?!
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
After dodging the Covid variants for almost 2 years, I finally fell prey to it in the month of January 2022. Just after the pongal festival in South India where we all had a fun 3 days long weekend, the cases soar high and even I contracted during that time. At first my daughter tested positive and I was actually too nervous as kids are not vaccinated. Our doctor was in quite jovial mood because she felt everyone was getting the Omicron variant and the impact won't be serious. She eased us but I still was panicky. Even if we didn't test positive yet, she said we soon will and asked us to isolate for ten days!
Immediate step was to inform maid and our cook to not come. I only felt it natural to inform the apartment mates, even if maids would have spread the happy news😅. I was actually eager to update my fb and WhatsApp status informing the same. It almost felt like not being the odd ones out! I updated and as expected the concerns poured in... Here's the catch! Every one wants to help by a word or an act but they were not sure what to do and there actually is nothing which can be asked! The real pain is doing the house chores...and none can help you with that! Second or third day after Zaara got infected I too tested positive - symptoms being super dry cough, throat pain, trembling hands, truck loads of weakness.....still we divided duties among us and swept the house alt days and made very light meals if required. We either ordered or my mom being the angel she is, she just sent the food almost every day ! I was surprised to know that this variant or may be others too can be dormant for as good as 14 days!
By 4th/5th day my spirits were really dampened. I really wanted to go out and feel good. Not that I was living any different.. My entire lockdown life was isolated and I lost interest in socializing but I felt quite suffocated by the quarantine label as people would be scared to be near your house!
|Some may actually say this to me : here|