Today on January 26th I went to watch Pathaan on the second day of its release, being a die-hard SRK fan...and oh boy! I didn't regret it. I know I am MIA on my blog since the April A to Z challenge. I just got so engrossed in my daughter's schooling, works, house shift, settlement that the blog gained so many cobwebs. I think the action filled republic day made me come back in action 😊
Pathaan is not a movie- To fans it is an intense emotion that stirred their heart, made them hoot, sing, whistle and shout in excitement. After a series of flops, when SRK worked in something actually entertaining, enjoyable with zero dull moments - we fans felt out of the world. I was on 9th cloud when I saw too many SRK Lovers in theatre who added the festivities to the movie. The madness was palpable and the love felt contagious - This is a perfect comeback for SRK - felt like a calculated move as the movie got released on a perfect day -- with Republic day around the corner and a weekend immediately following it. I am sure both the hero and the business man in him took this step, but it was not even needed. The movie earned 100 crores on the day of opening and it became the first bollywood movie that earned 100 crores on day 1 it seems. I am not much bothered by the money a movie earns but after what all happened with SRK , news being blown out of proportions to harass him or tarnish his image and after so many trials of BOLLYWOOD BOYCOTT gang to ban the song or the movie ---- it still didn't make any difference .... the Mega hero came back with the mega come back - A day before the movie I was hoping that it should not be worst like his previous works ( Zero, Dilwale etc.) and he must be having a smart plan under his sleeve - Thankfully he did and a wave of nostalgia, happiness and enthusiasm was spread among the viewers!
Today with utmost difficulty I got two tickets in Prasad's Multiplex of Hyderabad and the best part is I took my mother with me and she entered theatre after 7 years may be !!! She thoroughly enjoyed too... After all we are fans from two different generations!
About the Movie
I think a lot has already been shared, many reviews came out and people are leaking the reels on instagram too which has the movie's surprise elements (which is bad) ---- By now many know some of the twists in the movie. Anyhow I Won't be revealing any spoilers. Pathaan is a slick, action packed , absolute entertainer with BLOCKBUSTER labelled all over it. I won't deny that initially the trailer felt tacky and there was too much of a hullabaloo in the name of VFX... but it has all elements to appease the masses and fans and even non-fans can enjoy the movie with out getting bored!
A typical Action hero who doesn't ask his nation to give anything in return Vs a good guy turned bad guy --- The story line is not completely new but the representation is too cool and the rage among audience starts just in the opening scenes when Pathaan's one battered eye is visible through long mane of his :) while he is being beaten up by the terrorist groups!
Some of the dialogues subtly refer to his real life and also the actual happenings in the country.
You cannot miss when Dimple Kapadia says, "Ab Pathaan ka Vanvaas poora hogaya - use vapis bulaao" . .. means his hibernation ended , time to call him back - which also felt like SRK is coming back after a long sabbatical. The feverish whistles was a sight to watch in the theatre! There are some soulful dialogues and powerful patriotic scenes too - for which you should not get lost in all the high voltage action. There is a scene where Deepika asks Pathaan, "If he is actually a Muslim and if it is his real name?" - to which his response felt too good to me. The backstory, why the name and the explanation - Rather than me revealing - may be you should watch it ! There is also a goosebumpy scene with Dimple Kapadia almost near the climax -- and here is where I FELT THAT THE BOLLYWOOD NEGATING CRITICS would have oooohh aahed if the same scene was performed by some Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock and not Dimple! 😈
However I loved the scene. Very strong patriotism projected in that single scene!
The scene where Pathaan explains the basic trait of Soldier during Climax is also mind blowing!!
If by chance, the action in first half doesn't feel enough for the action movie lovers - the second half would surely blow their brains. It is highly electric , full of style and filled with some interesting twists - may be a logic here or there is missed - but do you really search for Logic and story while watching Marvel movies, Avengers or Mission Impossible always??!
Pathaan definitely deserves a watch in theatre! Specially after so much lull in the bollywood, this movie will BOOOM - Wake you up from the bollywood slumber - Go watch it ! I don't wanna reveal many other intricate elements or details of the story, just would summarize some key roles played in the movie!
|One of the Movie posters|
Key Roles and some details:
- Deepika's song Besharam is not as bad. The scene after that is uber cool and she didn't feel like she is only gyrating around Pathaan (or may be they deleted some scenes after all the ruckus??)
- John Abraham is so chic, with his tattoos and that body and also the Dialogue baazi made him look perfect
- SRK - well I don't wanna shower my love any more. Read many other reviews shared all over the internet to understand the LOVE Explosion❤
- DP did her best as Rubai . She skating on that thin ice felt ultra good to me (It might be a body double though but looked cool. Just leaking this detail - sorry. I won't reveal more SPOILERS)
- The locations were mast (good) . Be it spain , Russia or Dubai
- Dimple Kapadia, Ashutosh Rana were good in their roles. May not have long screen presence but left their impact in the movie!
- The bodies maintained by both SRK and John - Just wow!
- Last but not the least Sallu Bhai (Salman Khan)'s Cameo took the cake. Audience went gaga when he jumped in to the train to save Pathaan (well this is all over the internet, hence leaking) . The climax scene was also extended with another surprise element just to please the fans + audience! The references to other YRF movies is a pure marketing strategy but it worked!
- The humor is light and funny - In the end When Pathaan says he has an appointment with Hair dresser not for hair cut but just for shampoo ;) - It would steal fans' hearts. There are many jokes which left us grinning ....
- NOT HAVING MANY SONGS - a big boon. there are just 2 and they worked with the movie's premise!
I had a great day out with Mamma dearest who has always loved SRK - a day well spent and Salman was a cherry on the cake as my mom used to love him from 80s I believe. A wave of nostalgia engulfed us today. SRK brings the joy of 90s and the blockbuster kinda environment back to cinemas. Reading this Live mint post made me so happy! I can't get over the movie hence logging my words here. The movie is a sure shot gift to his fans after more than 10 + years. I really wish his upcoming releases work too and he keeps entertaining us. InshaAllah!!💛
To phir der kyu - kursi ki peti baandh leejiye - Mausam bigad chuka hai ;) [Fasten your seat belts - the weather has gotten stormy ]👌💥
The song which made audience dance in theatres. It is so good to see that people are celebrating it!