Saturday, April 26, 2014

"W" for "What? Why? Who? When?" - The never ending questions

I find it quite mysterious when I see that most of the questions start with W . It looks like that sinus curve or a statistical graph which shoots up and falls down. Every question has these ups and downs. Some questions make us happy, some make us feel odd, some leave us clueless. Don't believe me? Just check the interesting shape of letter "W", you will get it. All those questions which piss us sometimes and make us laugh at times and intrigue us some other times start with W. Questions sure lead to answers but there are few questions which don't have any answers but they are asked anyway . Given below are a set of such questions which sometimes seem too intrusive and some times don't have answers at all.

  1. “What is your son studying? Our Rahul is going to IIT this year, so what are plans for your son? [A question asked for the nth time]
My imaginary answer: "Oh! Our son is doing journalism and his next assignment is on corrupted officers and all possible sources of their income." Aunty ji will definitely refrain from further questioning as every thing ranging from their Benz to IIT seat are earned illegally. 
  1. "Why do you eat chewing gum so frequently? Do you smoke?"                                        
My imaginary answer: Miss/ Mr Dumb ass : We don't eat chewing gum. We chew and spit it.
  1. "Why don't you eat mutton?"
          "Because I don't like it"
          "Why don't you like mutton?"
           Is the answer ,"because I don't eat it ?" @*##!#$.  Yes I am as perplexed as you are.
  1. "Why does a mother-in-law tie a kali poth in Muslims? (an ornament which a women wears as part of marriage tradition) 
"Because that is the part of the tradition."
“That’s all is the marriage?!"
My imaginary answer (where I am kicking myself): "It is little less marriage than yours. Any problem?”
Image source :here
  1. "Why are you staying away from your husband and working?"
"I got an opportunity here."
"But how are you managing? Your personal life will be disturbed you know!"
Like I don't know :-( This is something I am getting very frequently these days. People often throw questions at you which sounds like their genuine concern but actually it is their genuine curiosity! I just shrug in response. Too much intrusion is something I can't tolerate. I can even tolerate a hidden spying camera but I can't tolerate intrusive people.
  1. Why don't you join us all for outing? You can have fun. What will you do sitting alone at home?
          My imaginary answer: I actually can't have fun with you all. I am phobic if I have to face too  much of crowd and I have lot to do even if I am alone, but my actual reply is, "I am fine."
  1. What is the salary offered to you? How much do you save?
Now this is one of the most irritable questions mostly posed by elders. This is mostly followed by the statement, "You are lucky to get that job," even before you finish the answer. Curiosity for sure kills the cat but here their curiosity increases the desire in me to kill them.
  1. Which caste do you belong to? Or which region/ religion do you belong to? How can you speak Telugu so fluently being a Muslim?
I am fed up of these FAQs. I am very patient whenever I respond but some think I am not a Muslim girl as I speak fluent Telugu. Some conclude that I am not from South even before I reply. That part is irritating.
  1. What is your age? 26? Why are you not married yet?
My imaginary answer: I am waiting for a Nawab from Luck now who is filthily rich. He will be coming for swayamwar next month but in reality this is the most embarrassing question which can be posed by any one and every one ranging from 20-70 which has no answers .
It just feels like the above question vanished in to thin air when the below question starts making rounds. People who swallowed millions of question marks may have to suffer from indigestion if they don't throw up what all they swallowed. Now this question actually takes the cake. 
  1. When will you plan kids? It is high time you know.
This sometimes pisses me, sometimes scares the shit out of me as I feel 1000 eyes are piercing in to me with every set of eyes reflecting the same question, when will you bear the kids? Everything is measured by your gender or age and norms are all pre-fixed :(

These are the top 10 random questions which came to my mind, which were and are asked by people from various walks of life around me. People with highest IQ and people who have brain the size of a hen's , every one is entitled to question you but the same questioner will curse you if you ask answers ;). This post is not an offense to any one but if you took the offense then sit and think why did you get offended :) ? How much ever you try, these questions will never end unless until you go and live in cave. If you are a social animal you need to develop patience and easier ways to not get entangled in the coil of that question mark "?"
image source : here


Have a good day :)

This is my 23rd post for  A to Z challenge 2014

36 comments:

  1. Sorry. Typo.

    WHERE were you when you wrote this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in office , at home and was travelling too
      Now W for why did u ask this question :P ??
      Thanks for ur time as always :)

      Delete
  2. Ah...stop even bothering to answer them..Just smile and do the SLOW BLINK..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to do the same from few days :)
      thanks redhanded

      Delete
  3. Ha ha ha - awesome post! People are so nosy!! Love your answers even the imaginary ones ... wouldn't be much patient I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli !
      Ya it's like special food for their extra long noses :P Thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Hmmm.....too many questions irritates me to the core. And the worst part is have you tried asking the inquistioner (yes it always feels like an inquisition to me) a question. You never get a response. :) lovely post as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes when they are in ur position they get more pissed than u :)
      Thanks Jaibala for the comment

      Delete
  5. Hahaha good one! I especially liked the 5th question coz I've answered that so many times in the past! Btw can chew your brain with another stupid question? Are you really Telugu speaking or is it just a fictitious example you stated for the post ? I'm curious coz I'm Telugu too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya PEOPLE JUST need answers to all kind of que :P
      Yep Vinodini am born and brought up in A.P. so I naturally know telugu but many get shocked :P
      good to know that u know telugu

      Delete
  6. it is funny how sometimes the very same question asked by another person is more or less offensive
    asking questions is asking for energy so I try to minimize - often it is laziness
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Its good to be lazy rather than reply !
      thanks for being on my blog. GOod luck for A to Z

      Delete
  7. Big time interrogation, eh Afshan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your questions are too good ! You have an eye on humour ! Thank you, for making me laugh !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks for making my day with a lovely comment :)

      Delete
  9. I find this funny too...however I also find it frustrating as I do not believe that anyone has the right to ask impolite questions to someone else. I am quite serious about this, Thank you for a very good entry! xox jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats true but every one thing it is their sole motto to fire que at u !
      thanks for reading Jean :)

      Delete
  10. Ha ha...chewing gum waala answer was good. And yes, intrusion of privacy is an asset of our culture ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya it is the trademark behavioral trait of most of the Indians :)
      thanks Ghata

      Delete
  11. I've never really thought about how questions almost always start with W or considered the shape of it before. You're post has brought me some insight. :)

    "We don't eat chewing gum. We chew and spit it." I cracked up at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya I too realised the W thingy while writing. THanks Chrys for reading my post
      welcome to my blog

      Delete
  12. "People will stop asking you questions if you start answering them in interpretive dance. " :)

    Visiting from A to Z. http://iamclothedwithjoy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya Every question shud give rise to many questions in response . I think that would work
      Thanks Rebecca for visiiting my blog

      Delete
  13. As my late mother always said, people have the strongest sense of other people's business and none of their own.

    Annoying with a capital A. And cheeky to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loove your answer for 1,3,6, & 9..sometimes some people need to be given an earful coz they deserve it. Well done, Afshan:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny post! :) Your title reminds me of journalism school.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha. Why are u nt married is a question that appears like a sword. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love your blog background-so pretty!

    Stopping by to say 'hi' from the A-Z Challenge!
    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Imaginary answers are too good. And I hate those personal questions - salary/job/kids.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed your post Afshan. People are so nosey. Loved you imaginary answers. The one that irks me most is the caste / religion one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you should answer their nosy questions with a question, "Why would you ask me that?"

    ReplyDelete
  21. People are like this whonly :P

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...