Thursday, April 3, 2014

"C" for "Corporate Cartoons"

I love doodling.  I love making cartoons using paint brush or any other tool or website and toondoo.com is an awesome website which helped me a lot in blogging. Some times things which we fail to explain in words can easily be displayed in the form of a cartoon. If we cannot reflect few expressions using words or exclamations(!) we can definitely take the help of illustrations or cartoons.

The below cartoon shows various kinds of corporate cartoons/ flirts. They are incorrigible , unbeatable and unrepairable flirts. Some are harmless where as some cross their limits which is irritating.

Below are few categories of flirts

1.) Always on a look out for a hot lady : A new joiner, new team mate, receptionist so on so forth. They are always on a look out for a pretty woman! Their vision gets strong, hearing frequency increases and god knows what other senses get active when ever they spot a hot lady. They can't resist ogling and discussing her and sometimes they give ratings to her too - 7/ 10 , 10/ 10 ....!

2.) Shaking hand unnecessarily : I also faced this. It is very easy to demarcate between people who shake hands as a polite gesture and who just hold hands just for the heck of it. There is a difference in the "touch" so the battalion of men need not start a war of words by saying that they are scared to be even polite these days. Of course men face such scenarios too where every polite gesture is considered as flirtatious by few women who think importantly about themselves :)

3.) Saving the damsels in distress : They will push their limits to help the lady. They may have to burn the midnight oil or skip some thing important to gain few brownies and needless to say many women take advantage of these heroes!

4.)Too friendly.. too Intrusive:  You shoo them away but they will be behind you. You turn around and change your direction, if you spot them but they will always be on their toes and cling like a parasite on your back. This is the toughest category of men to whom you need to give a blunt response at times to keep them at the bay.



Hope you enjoyed this cartoon :) This is not a post to start Men Vs women fight. This is just to share some laughs. I know there are many women who take advantage of poor flirts and there are many other categories of flirts too. It needs a different blog post. Will meet with some other toon doo doodle before the challenge ends. I have made some cartoons which depict a typical corporate boss - Mr. Half Baked Head- Read my posts with label Half Baked Head Doodles if interested!

Thanks for your readership and support :) This is my 3rd post for "A to Z blogging Challenge 2014"

33 comments:

  1. This is hilarious but so true! Have met all of them!! Especially no.3 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...this post is going to touch a chord with all women....been there faced that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the cartoon panel. They have come out very well. They say it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! You're pretty good with your doodling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Roshni : pics r from site. idea is mine :)
      @prathima : Thanks :)
      @Ghata : ya I know. Glad u liked
      @Rajrupa: Thanks for reading :) glad u found it funny

      Delete
  5. hahahahah I could relate to the 'shakes your hand without any reason' one. Why no one ever stayed back to finish my work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( No one ever stayed back for me too :P lol
      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Your cartoons are very expressive Afshan. Multi- talented lady, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...hilarious...true and talented....wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! :) I can so imagine the scenarios you have made into cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Shail , @ananya, @janu, @Jaibala : THANKS FOR UR time ladies

      Delete
  9. Enjoyable ! Cartoons make for laughs !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so true! Afshan you have nailed it! they r truly corporate cartoons!

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  11. so true!! Actually came across so many people like this!! lolzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Afshan your cartoons are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nabanita, @amruta , : ya we all come across no. Thanks for ur time,

      @Suzy , Vasudha : Thanks for reading

      Delete
  13. And then there people who are a combination of these :\

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love toondo too :) I have used them when words failed to express my sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, yes, there are many characters from each of these versions. Presenting them in a cartoon format is a great idea. Super, Afshan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Right ? Rohan ! Men can identify them much faster :)

      Delete
  17. Lovely cartooning Afshan. WIll wait for your women flirt post. Want to see what you come up with :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol..so true. Experienced it first hand. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. This made me laugh so much!!! really funny!!! thanks! jean

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've taught preschool with all women for 13 years, so it's been a long time since I've worked in an office with men, but it's all coming back to me now....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Wonderful post.Giving me new ideas for my theme(Working in the corporate).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting and funny.. but took me back to my days in India, at one of my work places, where I faced similar situations, and being naive, I was almost trapped. Thank God, I realized at the right time.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...