KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken is a fast food restaurant chain which every one would be knowing. You can go to wiki and read - How it was started by Harland Sanders initially at Corbin, Kentucky. It is an interesting story like any success story. Mr. Sanders had to taste defeat before he could enjoy the finger licking good taste of the success :). KFC now has branches all over the world. The first KFC franchise was opened in Utah and later was started in India, China, Australia , Newzealand, Japan, UK, USA and many other countries. In 1964 Sanders sold it to John Y. Brown, Jr. and Jack C. Massey. From then it is passed between many hands and as of now it is owned by Tricon Global Restaurants, which later changed its name to Yum! Brands.
|Image source : here|
This post is neither a tribute to KFC nor to Mr.Sanders( not that he doesn't deserve it) but I remembered KFC today as my husband lovvvvvvvvvvves KFC. He is mad about the place and he is the reason I started eating lot of junk and gained weight post wedding :-( ! Of course now I slightly watch what I eat :P. I some how don't like KFC cuisines. I see people rushing in queues to get hold of their fried chicken served in the unique KFC cardboard bucket. People actually lick their fingers , hence the caption - Finger lickin good just fits. How ever I never fancied the huge buckets of KFC with chicken wings or any other items. Then one fine day in Gurgaon after watching a movie we went to KFC as my husband saw one outlet in the same mall. I ordered chicken pop corn and they just melted in my mouth . They were crispy , crunchy and soft at the same time. The dips and sauces were delicious too and that particular day I too licked my fingers. I also love the mojitos they make but they are too pricy. Once we made a Virgin mojito at home which didn't even cost 1/4th of it. Nevertheless I love the mojitos and KFC Krushers. For Indians they have special meal combos which have spicy rice too and in both veg and non veg :P . I must admit , I loved their marketing technique. Just like they Indianize the food here I guess in every country their menu is tweaked!
- I like their ads. They are creative , have emotional connect and also will make you hungry and unlike McDonalds and some other outlets the food showed in the ads is not different from the actual food you buy. The ad food and original food more or less look the same in case of KFC.
- I like the way they treat the customers. I love the combos and their french fries.
- I love to watch Imran when he eats them with extreme kiddish enthusiasm :)
- The USP of KFC and the secret recipe is intriguing. People try and make similar versions but can never make the real KFC chicken. Many outlets have sprung up with similar names like ABC, AFC (yes I saw them in Hyderabad :P ) but failed in creating the same impact on eaters!
- The success story is phenomenal and the way the branches multiplied is worth a loud applause. It is the second largest food chain in the world. Next to Mc Donalds I guess. In many streets of major cities and on highways you can find KFC.
- KFC helps people during tours and travels. If there is nothing around which is edible , this comes to rescue.
- Of-course being an Indian I like the way food is tweaked to suit people's palatability here.
- My only problem is it is "Fried" chicken and even if it tastes goood it is toooo bad for health. So people please don't make it a habit to eat
|Sparkling vanilla blue - A new krusher in KFC|
|KFC Rice bowl|
Below is an inspiring quote by Mr.Sanders and one of their creative ads which I like! As we speak my husband is relishing his KFC combo. Eat good but stay fit and stay health people :)
|Source : here|
Love is forever ad- Shows how old KFC is and emotionally connects audience
This is my 11th post for "A to Z blogging Challenge 2014"
Happy Weekend everyone :)