Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"N" for "Nature" / "Nandi Hills"

When nothing works out, when a human touch also doesn't help God comes to rescue and nature is equal to God. One glimpse at  some thing beautiful created by God makes me happy and I forget my worries and feel energetic. Nandi Hills is an ancient hill fortress of southern India, in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state (source: wiki). It is a scenic spot with a breath taking view from top of the hill. You can have a panoramic view of Bangalore city from there . Below are few pics clicked there and a poem I wrote after coming back from there.
From the hill top
Stair case to heaven
"The path ways to heart are always foggy but we like to walk till we see the destination.

When the fog gets lifted and destination is near we are no longer interested to walk.

The path ways to heart are cob webbed but we move forward cutting each string.

When the path gets clear we get scared to move even an inch from where we stand!"
A rose is a rose is a rose


Shared below is the pic of a pair of monkeys grooming each other. Feel free to give an interesting(quirky) caption if you can to this pic :-)
 



Some famous quotes on nature:



§  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

-         Albert Einstein



§  “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, "This is what it is to be happy.”





§  “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
by dear― Anne FrankThe Diary of a Young Girl





§  And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.



§  Earth laughs in flowers.
-         Ralph Waldo Emerson


§  “The poetry of the earth is never dead.”
― John Keats


§  One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
-         William Shakespeare



Some "M" for "must read" posts from our group: Roshni puzzles you every day with her vocab skills- Read this wonderful post with many new M words. , 

  • Dyanne's McDonald's tale , 
  • Laura Ashley's Merriment in Chaos

    This is my 14th post for  A to Z challenge 2014
     

    38 comments:

    1. Nandi hills is beautiful. Especially on a foggy morning, ask Imran to take you on a bike, it is awesome! The monkeys there, well, they know their business. :) BTW, lovely poem Afshu.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. @Pooja : we have only car :( No bike ! :P But will plan some day
        Ya monkeys were too engrossed to observe the daily visitors. Thanks for ur visit

        Delete
    2. Yes, I agree...Nandi hills is a famous haunt for lovers :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ya it sure looked so. Thanks for being here Janu!

        Delete
    3. Love this place. Have been there enough times.. Do u know about kalavaarahalli betta? which is the same direction as Nandi hills but diverts at some point. Famous for night treks, the morning is glorious!

      PhenoMenon
      http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/04/nachos/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Nope havent heard of kalavaarahalli betta ! Should plan it some day

        Delete
    4. Good shots. I like the quotes by Ann Frank and Emerson. Liked the poem too Afshan! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks a lot Prathima. Ya these quotes just r too brilliant :)

        Delete
    5. Nandi Hills looks beautiful. I had never heard of this place before.

      ReplyDelete
    6. You know strange thing is even after 6 years in Bangalore I haven't been there... But you make a case which makes me want to go there

      N for Nauseated-Random Thoughts Naba

      ReplyDelete
    7. Loved the post. I am going to be in Bangalore from June, I hope to see this place. Cheers

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for visiting my blog Deepa. Do plan to visit this place :)

        Delete
    8. Never been to Nandi Hills. On my next trip, surely.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. With your wonderful camera u deserve a visit :) Do come to my place if u come :)!
        thanks

        Delete
    9. Looks beautiful. Love the stairway to heaven. thanks for sharing Afshan.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Have heard about it a lot but have never been there. Looks quite green and beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ya its a misty foggy place. U will be awestruck as it all gets suddnly cold. A great escapade from the city buzz

        Delete
    11. NOW I NEED A GETAWAY. Fuck office life :(

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I echo , hence am escaping to munnar
        HAHAHA (EVIL LAUGH)

        Delete
    12. Replies
      1. Thanks fo the visit Cathrina. Will be on ur blog in a while :)
        good luck for A to Z

        Delete
    13. Great Poem, pics and quotes.. Anne Franks quote reminds me of my Dad tang us to the mountains if one of us was sick :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Ida. That Anne Frank's quote is the fav of the lot !

        Delete
    14. Memories rekindled, of a recent Vacation gone by.
      Thanks for writing this, Afshan! :)

      ReplyDelete
    15. This is beautiful. I love nature, and after a long long winter here, you have helped me to remember that, dear Afshan!

      jean

      ReplyDelete
    16. I love that--that we're only interested in the journey when we can't see the end result. I think life is like that. We don't know exactly where we're headed, but we hope it's somewhere wonderful, and I think taking the "fog" away would ruin the experience.

      True Heroes from A to Z

      ReplyDelete
    17. Ohhh...I love the place...hqve really fond memories of my trip there with friends :-)

      ReplyDelete
    18. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this lovely place.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Such lovely pics. Cool and wet with rain!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Loved the stair case to heaven...beautiful lines and quotes..

      ReplyDelete
    21. I remember that you had written a post about your day trip there, right?!

      ReplyDelete
    22. So much beauty to be seen in the pictures you shared!! I love walking outside and just taking it all in. ♥

      ReplyDelete
    23. How steep is that staircase, anyway? No wonder you are breathless when you reach the top and see the view :)

      And monkeys just hang around outside like that? Not in a zoo or anything? We only have squirrels....

      Thank you for putting my M is for McDonald's post on your reading list! I appreciate you so much!

      ReplyDelete

    What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

    Thanks for your time :)

    "When God Spoke to Me!"

    Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...