Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"T" for "Tea"

A cuppa filled with love till the brim

A cuppa which lifts your spirits and clears your head

A cuppa which almost erases the bad vibes

A cuppa which makes one dance and sing



To start a day with out this cuppa is tough

If I miss the morning cuppa my day gets rough

In the absence of this cuppa which energizes me I can't do any task

With just one cuppa I get up and smile and in the morning glory I bask!



As the day goes by, the office hours create a lull and I become dull

This cuppa comes like a savior and activates my brain cells and I mull

Over this one cuppa we have hundreds of conversations

The chit-chat never ends and never ending are the interactions!
Image source: here

When I have to discuss serious issues this cuppa comes to rescue

This cuppa is my sincere friend when ever I feel blue

The whiff of this elixir brings an instant smile on my lips

The hot smoke emanating from the cup gives my headache a miss!



This divine cup of hot soothing tea makes my mornings energetic and bright

A sleepy, groggy me wakes up to its aroma and takes a colorful flight

Again in the evening when I am bored or tried a high-tea is just what I need

A single sip of the heavenly tea makes me come out of the shackles and I am freed!




The Chai as we call it in India is the gateway to many relationships

A chai & sutta (smoke) break gives the friends a reason to sneak out from office

The one who doesn't drink chai is for sure missing some thing in life

For chai gives you energy to bear the routine and day to day strife!

Image source: Tea

Tea originated in China as a medical drink. This aromatic beverage is obtained from leaves of the plant Camellia sinensis . After water tea is the highest consumed liquid in the world. It has a cooling effect and an astringent taste which is relieving. There are hundreds of variations of tea as per the taste of each individual/ region / country. Tea has many health benefits too. Green tea may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancer, promote oral health, reduce blood pressure, help with weight control, improve antibacterial and antivirasic activity, provide protection from solar ultraviolet light and increase bone mineral density. Green tea is also said to have "anti-fibrotic properties, and neuroprotective power. For more go to wiki

Have a cup of tea and have a great day :-)

Note:  I felt very Tired Thinking about the words for T. After Taking suggestions from A to Zers I Tried and Tested Too many T words and finally rounded on my most favorite drink- The Tea :) Now I need a cuppa for sure :) Thanks for your support friends. I appreciate it a lot !

This is my 20th post for  A to Z challenge 2014

34 comments:

  1. Coffee is my cuppa, Afshan! Tea - once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is great too but I avoid due to my migraine
      Thanks Prathima

      Delete
  2. you forgot to mention about my fav lemon ice tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That needs a long post L for Lemon ice tea : next year :P

      Delete
  3. heheh i neither drink tea nor coffee...but I agree what to this one. It is like elixir to my mother!
    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Red Handed : haha ya it is elixir to me tooo
      Copied and used ur word ;) edited the poem !

      Delete
  4. Oh yes....I am a ginger tea fan :-) loved your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoy my cup of tea, at least twice a day. Nice ode to tea there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post on the chai cuppa&the sutta. I wake up with the coffee& sutta but do have tea as well. Btw, I just finished a hot cuppa of tea and it taste best in the monsoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ghata : Me tooo a ginger/ elaichi tea fan :) Thanks


      @Beloo : Thanks : :) glad u liked it .welcome to my blog

      @Vishal : : ) haha good to know u read this enjoying ur cuppa. Thanks

      Delete
  7. haha...well I'm not much of a fan of either tea or coffee but I do know tea, especially the one without milk, is really healthy

    T for Tired-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poem. I always know when I'm getting sick because I crave tea.
    Nana Prah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Naba : ya tea has many good effects. Tried and tested :


      @Nana : Thanks Nana ya I too crave for tea manyyyy times in a day and its a relief when am sick

      @Cynthia : Thanks

      Delete
  9. Very lovely poem on tea ! The concluding para on tea is short & apt ! I feel energised, reading this blogpost on tea !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wowoow
      Feels so good to hear that jst my blog energized U !

      Delete
  10. I too am in the A to Z challenge. I didn't realize this was our 20th post! I enjoy a good cuppa. Like you, it punctuates different aspects of my day, acting as respite, comfort, friend, confidant and more. Very creative of you to use poetry to blog about "T." Great double entendre as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am so glad it is 20th post atleast . just 6 more to go. Phew :)
      am so glad that u love tea too !

      Thanks for dropping by Stephanie

      Delete
  11. What a lovely ode to our humble cuppa.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As my favorite cuppa. I am a tea fan(atic) too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep calm and drink tea..yes yes. Love it!! and same pinch Afshu!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jyotsna : Thanks a lot. Glad u liked it


      @Dagny : Hy five on that :)


      @Sfurti : haha ya . I loved that quote
      Thanks

      Delete
  14. Tea begins my day too! Being a South Indian, it will surprise many, but I cannot stand coffee! Ah, a kindred soul. We can enjoy many cups together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. All my life, in my family, we had afternoon tea. Every day at 4 PM.
    Mornings, my parents drank coffee, and when I grew up so did I but I like tea better! Thank you for reminding me how much of a friend tea is to me!

    xox jean

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the things I love about Pinterest is my Board I named The English Tea Party. Beautiful china, tea recipes,many lovely things. I subscribe to a magazine called Tea Time. Of course, here in the South I drink sweet tea. Memories of my mother bring tea on a tray remain today. Glad I stopped by during the #Challenge to have a cup with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a refreshing read :D refreshing words :) can't spend a day without it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ek garam chai ki pyali ho.. Koi usko pilane wali ho..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have dedicated so many poems to Tea. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey you can make an A to Z with tea itself ;)
    Good one

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoy a nice chai, although can't have it often. It is generally lots of water for me. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love my chai and my day simply can't begin without a nice hot cup.

    ReplyDelete
  23. In America, coffee is the thing, but I HATE coffee! We also drink iced tea, the sweeter, the better! Not very many people drink hot tea, but I enjoy it. I drink English breakfast tea (sweetened) in the mornings, mostly just in the winter. I am more of a Diet Coke kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...