Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"B" for "Bloggers' meet- My very first"

I was very skeptical before going to the meet. I know all of them but only in the virtual world. Other than Nandana who blogs at cheerful tornado I never met anyone else. Roshni (IndianAmericanMom) came to India and wanted to meet all of us during her shortest stint in Hyderabad. As every one had their prior plans, only a weekday evening was the best timing for all of us! Shail Mohan who blogs at Shail's nest luckily came to Hyderabad around the same time and on one fine evening we all planned to meet at a cafe- Beyond coffee in Jubilee hills- Hyderabad . Bhavana (theEarthWoman), Nandana and  Arpna-a new girl in blogosphere, atleast to me (http://04arpna.blogspot.in/ ) happily joined! I never went to any bloggers' meet other than  the one organised by Indiblogger.in in Bangalore and I didn't enjoy it much. I was all the while searching for some known face or a group to mingle with. I did make new friends but that meet was my first and last as I didn't feel like going to any "BIG" meets after that. I felt like a small fish in the sea of whales and sharks then but this time it was about meeting blogger turned friends and I was pretty excited.

Most of us met in the group indibloggeshwaris and bonded during the A to Z challenge- 2013. We were talking our ears out before we realized it. Like Shail said after the meet on her FB album, friends do come in all sizes , shapes , ages and regions! I too realised that to bond and speak your heart out you need not be of same age or study together or speak often. We all traveled back to our school/ college days. The way we giggled endlessly goes to prove this :D We spoke anything and everything other than blog , bloggers and blogging. We all forgot our life inside or outside the blog for those few hours and enjoyed every second we spent together. I eagerly listened to Bhavana's travel experiences, Roshni's and Shail's anecdotes and it was great meeting Nandana after so long. We all posed to Shail's and Bhavana's amazing cameras and I managed clicking some good ones too with my phone!

As our spirits were rising high we got our order which just multiplied the smiles. The chicken manchurian was a hit as our Roshni hearted it. She wanted to taste some more chicken manchuria and said "Chicken Manchuria" please when the waiter asked for desserts ;) Food was not great but we anyway found our conversations more interesting than the food. After food ,came the turn of goodie bags ! Shail bought the special kerala chips for all of us. I got my favorite Banana chips. Roshni bought a cute purse which had Ferrero Rocher chocolates, a lovely nailpolish and a moisturiser. I just loved her assemblage! I gifted a pair of ear rings to each of them and I was so glad the pair I planned for each matched with their dresses (more or less). I was happy as they loved them!

We sat for a long time. We were happy as the cafe was not crowded or noisy which gave us a chance to click to our hearts' content. Below is the collage which gives the glimpse of that day! After tasty chicken manchuria, taste less vanilla pudding , some veg pizza and some other items from the menu which were not great, we idled , chatted and clicked some more. We didn't want to but we had to disperse. Heart longed for more but it was getting late in the night and we just had to bade bye to each other :-( ! We hugged and promised to each other that we should plan this often! Now , I am not sure when we will meet again but these moments will be cherished by me forever. Roshni left for US and every one got busy with their lives. If life throws such an opportunity again I am sure I would love to take it. In April we have one more blogger meet. I am hoping I won't face any obstacles then!


The Blogger-Friends meet (No pic courtesy as I am not sure who clicked whom;) )
Meeting the bloggers turned friends was truly exciting! I will cherish the day *12-12-13* and the moments. We all surely turned 16 again ;) . ♥ u guys! It feels so good to write in this challenge about people whom I met during "A to Z blogging Challenge - 2013

This is the 2nd post for  "A to Z blogging Challenge 2014" ! 


33 comments:

  1. Interesting read...was not aware you r into blogging...great to know it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's an interesting fact to me that u were not aware that I was in to blogging :)
      Thanks suyash

      Delete
  2. It is always heartening when we forge our friendship beyond the worldwide web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved reading this and walking down memory lane once again. How we laughed! And the gifts were cool too. Hey, I loved my pudding. I think that was the best in food that day, the NY cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya , I remember that we finally decided that was the best among the ordered items. U r a lucky girl :) My vanilla pudding was badd!

      Delete
  4. Lovely!! I am reliving all the wonderful and hilarious moments!! hahhahah!! Yes, to see all your faces when I said chicken manchurian!!! That was just so much fun! Loved this write up, Afshan!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe ya and I stole a piece or two from ur plate too :P
      Wish we meet again. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. You got chips AND chocolates too! Wooooooooow!

    Good friends and good food.. recipe for a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I know Hrishikesh , u wud have loved to join too for them ;)
      thanks for ur time here

      Delete
  6. FSo cute....could sense the love and warmth in the post. Looking forward to meeting my IB ladies sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to meeting all of you one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why I hate anonymity. I can never go for a bloggers meet. Maybe I should wear a mask :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey wow yaar! I wish someday to meet all my blogger friends too! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember seeing the pictures on FB, and thinking, these guys have had great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! It reminded me of all the crazy bloggers meet I have been to. I have never been to a big meet but we do meet here often and everytime it is a laugh riot. Now I want to meet you lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I reach bangalore before the april meet! I feel like I know u more now & can't wait to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah.. meeting some like minded people is always fun especially when they are bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you all had a great time. Hopefully someday I too will meet up with all of you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, looks like you guys had so much fun. I have never attended a bloggers meet but would love to! I'm actually a very silent person so I have this fear of being left out ;P Maybe some day we can meet in a meet. I would definitely love to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,liked your experience of meeting blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A small meet is more fun than a big one :) the thing is, our small group bands together even in big meets. so don't feel out of place. ^_^ I remember seeing the pics of course of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so nice when we can meet friends from online. I have a bunch I would like to meet one day. But not at a Blogger event but in a more intimate setting like this one. I hope you get to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun to meet blogger friends! It is always a bit scary but then so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh it sounds like you had SO MUCH FUN :D

    I'm going to go to 'Merica soon(ish) and meet LOADS of my bloggy friends. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We had two blogger meets, one on a friday and another one on a sunday recently. It's was an awkward moment as I started out, but now I have got socializing without the fears that a recluse faces, in such meets!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds so much fun. Your words said it all. Hope you turn 16 again, and again and again..

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow.. cool anecdote that was.. hope to be part of one someday ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is so fun when you share a common interest and very little else matters! I have a group of friends I share a doll hobby with! We are passionate about photography and dolls! I love them all and one of my best friends and I met through this group, online! Thanks for a great post! jean :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How very fun for y'all! I got to meet a bloggy friend (Synnove @Don't Chew On The Dinner Table) when I was visiting Nashville last month. We spent two hours talking non-stop; it was as though we had known each other all our lives instead of maybe a year through blogging. We didn't need much small talk, as we already knew so much about each other through our blogs. And if I ever go to India, I want you to take me for Chicken Manchuria, because it is obviously worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...