Thanks to "Jazz" for tagging me. Keeping aside whether my replies will be interesting or not you gave me a big time break as am suffering from severe "writers block" and feeling little low! Thanks for the tag. Scroll down and have fun !
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I got married which I never did before and wont be doing again :P Other than that I too saw snow for first time like Jazz but its in India and in Rohtang pass. Was a painful but pleasurable trip. I travelled abroad too for the first time in life. Been to Malaysia and Singapore. Well getting married brings many first times along with it :)
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
Well NO ! My resolution was to work on my compilation of poems and get published but have not been successful so far. One resolution I was able to keep was to learn cooking :) The same resolution is carried forward to 2013 and another resolution is to stay fit , fine and healthy !
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 22 - My wedding date and sadly Dec 16th for the reason every one knows and feb 19th - I started staying in Gurgaon from then
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing as such. One small achievement is to make my mom proud and happy as she felt am learning things fast :) One another achievement was to get shortlisted on tumbhi.com I never won in competitions but this one is important due to all favorite judges :)
5. What was your biggest failure?
Not being regular to exercise and being impulsive like always
6. Did you suffer illness?
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Few trolls who attack blogs and lack sensitivity . They always depress me due to the fact that I have to stoop down to their levels if I have to argue. This is another lesson in 2012 to stay stubborn and ignore them.
Appalled by few friends on FB who are extremely friendly till a period of time then suddenly stop talking for no reason. Not actually appalled but little irritated by such people.
8. Where did most of your money go?
In the wedding shopping, travelling and setting up new home, purchases , new life so on so forth
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
about pre-wedding preps, friends and relatives and wishes. I almost got breathless. Every trip post wedding was exciting !
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Pani da rang from Vicky donor and any English Vinglish song as Sridevi came back :) 11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Am the same. Some thing more exciting must happen to make me jubilant.
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing and some job where I can write.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Getting hooked to FB like never before. Giving importance to many who didn't deserve.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I fall in love with many things every day
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
My greatest musical discovery wasRaghu dixit. As I was writing an article about him for a magazine I listened to his songs and loved all of them. One of the unique composers India has.
16. What did you want and get? Are the two related?
I wanted to get published and it did not happen yet.
17. What did you want and not get?
A job. Primary reason is to stay busy but tough times and few unavoidable reasons led to no job but looking forward to get one and glad that I used the time to really read and write :)
18. What was your favorite film of this year?
Many to pen. 2012 was the best bollywood year. Few are Kahaani, Vicky Donor, English Vinglish and Master of all movies Gangs of wasseypur and many more. Avnu(In telugu)- was scared to death after watching it. Eega ( In telugu)- for the sheer brilliance ,
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned younger on the 2012 bday (Curious case of Afshan eh ;) :P ) . I turned 27 and we roamed around Gurgaon a lot after the cake cutting and had my fav pizza and Gelato ice cream and watched titanic in 3d. Well it remains the favorite movie though 3D did not add much effect.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No add on can make it immeasurably satisfying . I should have magical powers to make it so.
21. What kept you sane?
Blogging , music , books , Family.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
The more you crave for name and fame the more it will run away from you. Do not try too hard. Take it easy. Spend the time and effort to excel your skills . Spend no time to check your name on top charts :)
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Malaysia, Singapore , Manali, Nainital , Jim corbett, Rohtang Pass , Delhi
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"gham aur khushi mein pharaq na mehsoos ho jahaan.. main dil ko us maqaam pe lataa chalaa gayaa.. har fikr ko dhue mein udataa chalaa gaya.. main zindagi ka saath nibhata chalaa gayaa..." Remains my fav song for ever and these lines are the ones which always keep buzzing in head any year English meaning - my heart is at a juncture where the difference between happiness and sorrows can't be felt. I just let all my worries disappear in a cloud of smoke. I walk hand in hand with life :) I hope I translated almost correctly
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from. I would looouve to read answers from the below bloggers :) **Trumpets and claps** please ;)