Sunday, February 24, 2013

“ME Vs me” – “HEART Vs head”

WOW Post for blogadda.com for the FEB 22 week
When I see him the time flies.
When he leaves the clock halts.
When he is around it is colorful.
When he is around the rest of the world is blurry.
When he is around my speech gets slurry!


When he smiles the rainy day becomes sunny.
With his burning stares even the sunny day becomes rainy.
When he holds my hand I shiver even in the hot summer.
When he talks, I bloom even if the leaves and flowers wither!

I try looking my best when he is in vicinity.
I check my reflection in any mirror which passes by.
He comes and goes every day like a passing cloud.
My heart speaks everything which cannot be told aloud!

"I love you", I whispered in my head many times.
Whenever I face him the words in my heart are like chimes.
The words travel to my head and they oscillate, sink and rise.
When they come out of my mouth they all vaporize!

Image courtesy : Google

My heart says, “Go. Hug him and show how much you love him.”
My head pleads, “Wait. Check if he feels the same or it’s just a whim.”
Head calms down the heart and in solitude my heart screams.
There are two people in me battling and residing in their own realms.

My heart nudged me to say yes and my head as always hinted a no.
I decided I will listen to my heart, pour it all and let him know.
He approached and my heart beat raced and head spun.
He hugged me tight and whispered, “I love you like I love none!”

My heart danced in joy and my head joined hands with it.
It was dim but in my eyes thousands of lights were lit.
I couldn't frame my words and did not reply a yes to him.
Heart spoke to heart without the need of words.
The battle of heart and head was won without the need of swords!

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

16 comments:

  1. Lovely! :) When hearts are talking, there is no need of a head in there.
    Loved reading it. A Wow Post indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. we are caught in the dilemma so often... especially when its about people we love... heart always wins..


    manjulikapramod.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! :)

    I followed, would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! :)

    http://krittikabarua.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Akanksha : Thanks for reading it :) and thanks for complis :)
    Yep some times heart finds it way but there are times when head wins too ;)

    @Krittika : Thanks for reading , following and commenting . Will surely go thru ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Manjulika : Yep when its about love head always fails :)
    Thanks for acknowledging Manjulika :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely write-up! Indeed, it is a elated feeling when heart wins finally and when you just savor that moment of silence without any words to express, man, it is an awesome feeling!

    Until later,
    Keirthana :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Keirthana : glad to know that you liked it ;)
    yep its an awesome feeling.
    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It so happens, I feel many can relate to these lines. I enjoyed reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today, I went to the beachfront with my children.

    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
    said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!


    Also visit my web-site ... warz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and simple. Head has no place whre hearts conjoin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and simple. Head has no place whre hearts conjoin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Akila : thanks for dropping by !yep Heart has that energy to over power head ;) Glad u liked it

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Saru: Am very glad that you liked it ;)
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome poem! Beautiful lines :)
    Truly a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Akash Govindarajan : THanks for dropping by and thanks for liking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Searching for a best destination so just visit on this link- Jim Corbett National Park

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...